Help with Linux 12 to 14 issue

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bryan60726

Help with Linux 12 to 14 issue

Post by bryan60726 »

Ok so I installed Linux Lisa and wanted to update to the newest version of ubuntu so I downloaded some of it but then stopped because I got stuck. So I decided ehh why not and tried to install nadia once i did the steps to install nadia I rebooted the computer now when I try to log into Linux 12 it logs me in the makes a black screen and goes back to the log in. I used the same user name and password and got into the command prompt just fine. Once in the command prompt i attempted to install the nvidia drivers by using a command sudo apt-get install nvidia-current. But I encountered an error that said a bunch of stuff about ubuntu I have been up since 7 in the morning yesterday no sleep because since about 8 at night i have been attempting to fix this by updating and upgrading multiple times but it wouldn't work still the same issue can someone please help me for the love of god hahaha. I apologize for the crappy grammar etc.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cogier
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Help with Linux 12 to 14 issue

Post by cogier »

It sounds as if you have got into a bit of a mess. I suggest you boot up a live CD/DVD and from there backup all your data and then carry out a new install.

Depending on the amount of data you have will determine how long this will take but the installation after the backup will not take more that 45 mins.
bryan60726

Post by bryan60726 »

How would i do that i lost the original disc and dont know how to backup files. Btw thank you for reply. Could i just reinstall it on a new disc and re install it that way?
flyboy1565

Post by flyboy1565 »

Do you have a flash drive? You can make a bootable flash drive with the flavor of Linux.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
bryan60726

Post by bryan60726 »

Yeah i do im going to try that today to see if i can get it to load up. I'll let you guys know if i failed or not.

Return to “Beginner Questions”