installation woes

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
antemon

installation woes

Post by antemon »

almost complete newbie here. trying out different distros here and there but something came up and I can't seem to install linuxmint.

I have ubuntu now, master 2 HDD is partitioned to three: root, swap and windows. aside from the minor slow-down since it is an old machine, everything's aok. I've also installed other ubuntu flavors with no snags. Yes, installed rather than just DL the environments, since I don't have an internet connection at home and had to DL the liveCDs elsewhere.

anyways, popped in the linuxmint liveCD, clicked install, selected to install root and windows to the previous respective partitions.
everything's good up until after the last step. installation bar thingy that appears is stuck at 15% and says that it's detecting partition or hardrive or something along those line, I forget the exact word.

can anyone help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: installation woes

Post by Husse »

So it's after you've started the install?
It still can be a bad CD
Have you checked the md5sum and burned slowly?

Return to “Installation & Boot”