/configure problem with wz2100 3.1.0

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
calf

/configure problem with wz2100 3.1.0

Post by calf »

Its been a long while since i used Linux and i where pretty much in but i have to admit i forgot alot and now i have this newbish issue i fail on actually, i hope you can help me by installing this sweet game

i actually have installed Linux Mint KDE 14 and saw they still have the 3.1 qt2 version what is way too old the newest one is 3.1.0 (final) and i only found a tar.xz version on the original site and no .deb or any other easy package

so i remember the good ol easy way: ./configure - make - install

and now iam stuck on a error message in the ./configure state and hope you can help me :oops:

Code: Select all

checking for rcc-qt4... no
checking for rcc... /usr/bin/rcc
checking for X... libraries , headers 
checking whether to build NSIS installer... no
checking whether to compile in debug mode... no
checking whether the C compiler accepts the -Werror -Wno-switch flag... yes
checking whether the C compiler accepts the -Werror -Wno-enum-compare flag... yes
checking for SDL... configure: error: Package requirements (sdl >= 1.2) were not met:

No package 'sdl' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables SDL_CFLAGS
and SDL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.
Thanks for any help - i love this awesome game, its totally worth to try every final or beta version even its getting a "bit" old

greez calf
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bu99zy

Re: /configure problem with wz2100 3.1.0

Post by bu99zy »

Do you have libsdl1.2 installed? You might need libsdl1.2-dev too.
calf

Post by calf »

wow after ALOT missing packages and "make" and "sudo make install" and "checkinstall" and the note of bu99zy its finally working - thanks alot :)

question: i now have a .deb file for wz2100-3.1.0 final - could i use this on any other pc (with 64bit) to install or is there anything i have to check on before ?

if not i would like share this one with all you guyz

- calf
bu99zy

Post by bu99zy »

calf wrote:wow after ALOT missing packages and "make" and "sudo make install" and "checkinstall" and the note of bu99zy its finally working - thanks alot
Thats great you got it working
calf wrote:question: i now have a .deb file for wz2100-3.1.0 final - could i use this on any other pc (with 64bit) to install or is there anything i have to check on before ?
Yes provided they are the based on the same distro release, mint 14 is based on ubuntu 12.10
calf wrote:if not i would like share this one with all you guyz
You could upload it on the mint app store, there is a game section.

http://community.linuxmint.com/software/browse/3

Return to “Beginner Questions”