Double Posting

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
bigj231

Double Posting

Post by bigj231 »

Is anyone else having problems with double posts? I seem to be getting them about half the time now.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Double Posting

Post by xenopeek »

That will hopefully be the last of the problems we have with performance of the forums, as the team is running actions now to prepare for move to new servers early next week (planned for Monday if all goes right).
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

Great. I just got the too many connections error too. Right after a spambot joined. :evil:
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

I don't think you can track spambots :wink: Some search engines are identified and displayed, but those are just indexing. They are not the root cause of the problem that I know of, though they will probably not help the current situation either. Hang in there till next week!
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

It was actually right in the middle of a new users 3 consecutive posts, and I got dropped when I was reporting one of them. I will hang on. It's good to see Mint has gained enough popularity to overload its servers though.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

It happens regularly enough, what I think sometimes happens is that forum moderators are interupting the sequence of replies (prioritizing for example) which then inserts their post ahead of a current post being edited, or maybe its just sequential response time from the website

When I get that I usually spot it and delete the last post: with the changes, after I have copied them to a previous post that missed the changes; since I can only delete the last post and not any other one..
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Moderators, or admins, don't get any special treatment when posting :wink: What can happen is that while you are typing a reply, somebody else might also be typing a reply and have pressed the submit button before you. That should not cause double posting, though it can jumble about where your post ends up because your reply will be pushed down one post.

If you need to delete a post you can't delete yourself, you can use the exclamation icon in the top right of the post to report it to the moderators and request them to delete it.
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

Since the exclamation icon has been mentioned, I think we should add an option for Spam/Overpost instead of just the advertisement option we have.

Return to “Open Chat”