Thunderbird icon in LM Cinnamon 13

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
donmatas

Thunderbird icon in LM Cinnamon 13

Post by donmatas »

Hi

Does anyone know how to make Thunderbird icon appears in LM Cinnamon 13?

Best,
DM
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Thunderbird icon in LM Cinnamon 13

Post by viking777 »

As a guess you would use a root text editor to edit /usr/share/applications/thunderbird.desktop and change the Icon line to the correct address of the TB icon. On my system this is /usr/share/pixmaps/thunderbird.png so mine would look like this;

Code: Select all

Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/thunderbird.png
In actual fact mine just says

Icon=thunderbird
And it works perfectly well, so you could try that as well.
donmatas

Post by donmatas »

viking777 wrote:As a guess you would use a root text editor to edit /usr/share/applications/thunderbird.desktop and change the Icon line to the correct address of the TB icon. On my system this is /usr/share/pixmaps/thunderbird.png so mine would look like this;

Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/thunderbird.png
In actual fact mine just says

Icon=thunderbird
And it works perfectly well, so you could try that as well.
Thanks for your help. Regrettably, I do not get what are you suggesting me to do.

Best,
M
viking777

Post by viking777 »

I'm asking you to
use a root text editor to edit /usr/share/applications/thunderbird.desktop and change the Icon line to the correct address of the TB icon
I have even shown you what the edit should look like when it is done. I don't know how to make it any clearer than that, so you will have to explain to me what is causing you the difficulty. It is probably just a language problem so don't worry about it, just tell me what you don't get.
donmatas

Post by donmatas »

viking777 wrote:I'm asking you to
use a root text editor to edit /usr/share/applications/thunderbird.desktop and change the Icon line to the correct address of the TB icon
I have even shown you what the edit should look like when it is done. I don't know how to make it any clearer than that, so you will have to explain to me what is causing you the difficulty. It is probably just a language problem so don't worry about it, just tell me what you don't get.
Sorry. I have not explained my problem clearly enough. Is not the "icon" but the "icon in the panel" (systray?) what does not appear:
2.jpg
Best,
DM
viking777

Post by viking777 »

Aha, that is a different matter. I will have a think about that and get back to you if I come up with something.
viking777

Post by viking777 »

Have you got the panel launchers applet enabled in the panel? Right click the panel and click 'Add applets to Panel' choose the 'Panel Launchers' applet. When this appears you only have to right click on any start menu item (such as thunderbird) and select 'Add to panel', it will then appear.
donmatas

Post by donmatas »

viking777 wrote:Have you got the panel launchers applet enabled in the panel? Right click the panel and click 'Add applets to Panel' choose the 'Panel Launchers' applet. When this appears you only have to right click on any start menu item (such as thunderbird) and select 'Add to panel', it will then appear.
Thanks Viking. What it does work was adding to Thunderbird the complement MinTrayR.

best,
M

Return to “Software & Applications”