Problems viewing pdf files with atril and evince doc viewers

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
apgano

Problems viewing pdf files with atril and evince doc viewers

Post by apgano »

I'm a new LM 14 (Mate) user and everything is running pretty well. My bank offers pdf bank statements with my online account that don't render completely using the atril (Mate) document reader. On bank statement lines with numbers those numbers only appear as light (broken) horizontal lines. I was almost positive that atril worked correctly with pdf files before I installed the Brother driver for my Brother MFC scanner. atril was installed by default when I installed LM. I installed evince doc reader after the Brother Scanner driver install and it had the same problem as atril. I installed okular pdf viewer afterwards and it displayed the pdf statments correctly.

Anyone else experience this problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Agent86

Re: Problems viewing pdf files with atril and evince doc vie

Post by Agent86 »

Hi, I am also a new viewer and just found your post. I am experiencing same issue with atril; it seems to be only with bank/insurance statements.
Have you learned of any other fix for this? Thanks.
jonathan22

Re: Problems viewing pdf files with atril and evince doc vie

Post by jonathan22 »

Yes, I'm unable to view the latest Citibank statement correctly with Evince. I didn't have that problem with prior months' bank statements.

Return to “Software & Applications”