Log on Problems

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mittens

Log on Problems

Post by Mittens »

I am unable to log on to my computer. I currently have it set it up so that it just auto logs on when I power it up, but if I log out and try to log back on it doesn't work; it goes half way through the log on process but then it just loops back to the log in screen. It was working normally with just my SSD hard drive but when I connected a traditional hard drive in addition to the SSD, and that's when the log in stopped working. The computer is completely usable the way I have it set up, but there is clearly something wrong. I appreciate any help that you could give. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
passerby

Re: Log on Problems

Post by passerby »

Sounds like an XAuthority issue. Take a look here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/223501/u ... login-loop
Mittens

Re: Log on Problems

Post by Mittens »

Thanks that was a good reference and I fixed my problem.

Return to “Beginner Questions”