Booting from Live USB hangs for Linux Mint 14

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RaviSurana

Booting from Live USB hangs for Linux Mint 14

Post by RaviSurana »

hi, I am a newbie but I have used Linux Mint a little( for about a month or so).
I tried to boot Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon(64 bit) using Live USB on my Hp laptop with 640 gb hdd preloaded with windows 7. The system fulfilled all the requirements for the installation of Linux Mint 14.
I chose "start in compatibility mode" from the start-up screen. The booting started and got stuck up after some time at the stage shown in the picture
stuck.jpg
Last few lines were
* Starting CUPS printing spooler/server
* Starting Samba Auto-reload Integration
* Stopping Samba Auto-reload Integration
* Starting SMB/CIFS File Server

The USB works fine on other laptops.
I have used Linux Mint 13 previously installed inside windows which was installed with great difficulty and crashed after an update(that is what i noticed). My laptop generally has a problem running Linux based-OS.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Booting from Live USB hangs for Linux Mint 14

Post by xenopeek »

What is the make and exact model of your laptop?
RaviSurana

Post by RaviSurana »

HP pavillion g6 1201-tx, intel core i5 with 1 gb graphic card
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Well, I can't find anything relevant for the g6-1201tx or the g6-1200 series in general. Also linlap doesn't have anything for this model: http://www.linlap.com/hewlett-packard.
RaviSurana

Post by RaviSurana »

I decided to install Linux Mint 13 from live USB yesterday and it worked perfectly. However problem remains the same for Linux Mint 14 and it can't be installed :(

Return to “Installation & Boot”