I really hope in your help and comprehension; I'm not expert of Linux's world and I've thought more than once to uninstall it to go back to a worse, but easier, Microsoft OS; I'm sure I'm wrong but I have to say that sometimes becomes frustrating to look hours all around the web to find out how to install a network printer or how to watch tv from tv company website... anyway I could manage to configure the essential of my Linux Mint and my Linux Ubuntu PCs therefore I really hope you'll help me with this...
After looking at: google, yahoo, community ubuntu and this forum I could not find what I need, probably I don't really know how to look for it but:
how can I do to see a video from my NAS installed in my LAN? (I can access to the NAS and copy the files locally, but this is not good!)
- I have a Netgear Stora which I have no problem in loggin in and I can browse various folders
- with video I mean formats like .avi, .mpeg, .flv ...
- I can't see them with kaffeine (when I say can't I mean that I have to copy them locally)
- I've installed vlc but I can't anyway (when I say can't I mean that I have to copy them locally)
- I've installed totem (read on some online guides that it could work) but what I could see is that totem just copies the file locally temporarily and then deletes it as soon as I close the video, this is not what I need.
- with Ubuntu on my desktop PC (while I've Mint 14 on my Acer Aspire One 751h) it works without problems, I didn't do anything.
I hope I've well described my situation, I apologize for my english but I hope it's understandable. I'm a disaster with terminal and commands therefore I have not posted any output since I don't know how to generate it.
I thank you once again and I'm looking forward to hearing from you