mint menu problem

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
McLovin

Re: mint menu problem

Post by McLovin »

I'm not too sure about the customizing of Mint menu (I personally use the standard Gnome menu as I prefer it) but there is a new version of Mint menu in the Romeo repos, it may fix the issue with compiz. To get it, first you need to enable the Romo repos by opening a terminal and entering

Code: Select all

sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
and uncomment (remove the # from in front of the lines, but only the ones that begin with "deb, and src-deb") under the Romeo ropos line, save the files and exit. Remove the Mintmenu from your panel. Then, again in the terminal do the

sudo apt-get remove --purge mintmenu
and then once again in the terminal, enter

sudo apt-get install mintmenu
That will get you the newest Mintmenu.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cmost
Level 4
Level 4

: mint menu problem

Post by cmost »

Personally, I prefer the original USP (Ubuntu System Panel) menu, upon which Mintmenu is based; as it has more options and is more configurable. If you want to install it alongside MintMenu, it works fine (no conflicts.) Check out here: http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156 for more information. :-)

Return to “Beginner Questions”