LMDE RC's

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

LMDE RC's

Postby grraf on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:26 am

Been messing around with the new 64bit RC's and so far and i must say the mate version works flawlessly however i can't even install the cinnamon version as it gets stuck on install at : setting keyboard options phase(standard en-us) and will not move any further; also regarding the internet connection i can't seem to find the adsl option and was only able to set it up using the adsl/ppoe configuration utility(naturally the network applet still tries to make a wired connection and fails) as opposed to the mate edition in wich i could easily make a wired adsl connection via the networkmanager applet
It seems to me that the cinnamon version is still plagued by some bugs wich is a shame as i assume that it will become the default mint DE in the near future.
Regarding the mate DE i wish to ask how long it will be supported as i grown rather fond of it (after a short detour trough xfce-wich got dropped sadly) and meets my needs perfectly as its rather lite on the eye candy stuff but highly configurable.
grraf
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Other Topics