Is it possible to run 3 OS alongside windows 7?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anonymousrevolution

Is it possible to run 3 OS alongside windows 7?

Post by anonymousrevolution »

hi,

I wonder if you guys could provide some insight into my problem. i am running windows 7 along side Ubuntu, but i want to try to install mint 13 (MATE) for obvious reasons, unfortunately I'm being asked to uninstall Ubuntu (something im unwilling to do)

Right now I'm trying the downloadable .exe mounted with deamon tools or power ISO, but im having no luck. i want to avoid the disk reboot as im out of disks till Tuesday. is there a way around this? is it even possible to run 3 OS along side Windows 7? i would of thought it possible if you had room for the partitions which i certainly do. any help at all would be appreciated.

thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: Is it possible to run 3 OS alongside windows 7?

Post by Orbmiser »

"with deamon tools or power ISO, but im having no luck."
Isn't going to work need dvd or usb key to boot from to install.

Need look at your partitions layout and should be able to have 3. I have Win7,Winxp & Linux Mint.
anonymousrevolution

Post by anonymousrevolution »

Orbmiser wrote:
"with deamon tools or power ISO, but im having no luck."
Isn't going to work need dvd or usb key to boot from to install.

Need look at your partitions layout and should be able to have 3. I have Win7,Winxp & Linux Mint.

Ok great thanks for the info. At least i know now, I'll just rip it to disk Tuesday.
dduran1210
Level 2
Level 2

Post by dduran1210 »

if you have enough unallocated free space on your hard drive.....yes, no problem. just select "other" method of install, then create (add) a new partition,
20-30 gb and another partition (double the amount of memory you have) i.e. if you have 4 gb mem...then partition for 8-10gb. so you have something like:
sda6 30gb and swap space 10gb. best to keep a printout of the menu when you reboot, so you know which partition has what.

Return to “Beginner Questions”