initiate backport via commandline.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Trapper
Level 4
Level 4

initiate backport via commandline.

Post by Trapper »

This will probably sound strange .... but ... how can I activate the LM14 backport to my LM13 Maya Mate via commandline rather than by opening the gui Sources tool and checking the backport box?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: initiate backport via commandline.

Post by zerozero »

but you have physical access to the machine?
if yes
apt sources
add backport to packages.linuxmint
you're in nano so Ctrl+O and Ctrl+X (but surely you know this part :lol: )
apt update && apt upgrade

if you don't have physical access i don't know :P
Trapper
Level 4
Level 4

Re: initiate backport via commandline.

Post by Trapper »

zerozero wrote:but you have physical access to the machine?
if yes
apt sources
add backport to packages.linuxmint
you're in nano so Ctrl+O and Ctrl+X (but surely you know this part :lol: )
apt update && apt upgrade

if you don't have physical access i don't know :P
Hi zerozero. Thanks for the reply. Actually I was using mintconstructor and was in a chroot. I was looking for a command line routine to alter sources.list in the chroot via incorporation it into a script. I eventually conjured up something like this:

Code: Select all

sed -i '/^deb http:\/\/packages.linuxmint.com\/ maya main upstream import/ s/$/ backport/' /etc/apt/sources.list
That simply adds 'backport' to the end of the line. It works from a terminal but I have yet to test it in a script.

I got sidetracked to a distro project with remastersys which I've completed and gives me all of what I was out to accomplish with mintconstructor but I will still figure out how to do it all in mintconstructor.My next dumb question will probably be how to copy and paste into mintconstructor's chroot terminal. It doesn't seem to be supported in the mintconstructor supplied terminal. I have lots to do and having to type everything in is going to make the process long, slow and undesirable. Maybe I am just making a simple thing difficult though and am overlooking a totally obvious solution out of lack of experience with the overall process.

Return to “MATE”