Favorite music player

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.

What's your favorite music player?

Amarok
13%
Audacious
No votes
Banshee
13%
Exaile
13%
Guayadeque
No votes
Listen
13%
Rhythmbox
38%
Songbird
No votes
VLC
13%
XMBC
No votes

Total votes: 8

geoffm

Favorite music player

Post by geoffm »

I'm looking for the best complex GTK music Player out there. I listen to a lot of music, I use searches or playlists a lot, have a big library sorted by genres. I need to be able to browse through my collection by genres and create playlists on the fly and not having a cluttered interface with useless junk I don't use. I've been using rhythmbox for a while, it's ok but it doesn't handle iPods well (I was GIVEN one ok!!) and when I browse podcasts it doesn't display the descriptions. I tried guayadeque, it's not so bad but a bug makes it not handle UTF-8 text and filenames... exaile doesn't handle podcasts if I remember...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: Favorite music player

Post by Orbmiser »

Clementine a lighter fork of Amarok is what I'm using but are KDE.
But has a lot of extra's you are probably trying to avoid like Amarok has and neither fits the Gtk tho you have in poll.
Banshee was my gnome choice as had addons gives it more functions if required.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Favorite music player

Post by exploder »

I voted for Banshee, it packs a lot of features.

Edit: I really like VLC too. The equalizer sure does make the tiny speakers in my laptop sound better.

Return to “Software & Applications”