LMDE RAM problem

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
MrDuxisizzy

LMDE RAM problem

Post by MrDuxisizzy »

Hi there,i am new to linux,and i have a little problem.
i got 2GB RAM Memory and when i play java game "Spiral Knights" its like i am playing with 256Mb,its not lag,its something like "cut lag",i am playing and then cut for a second,and that is random...
Anyone know what is the problem?
Btw i got AMD Sempron LE-1150 a old model,its older than your grandma
its cloaked to 2000MHz...
EDIT: also i have NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT..
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrDuxisizzy

Re: LMDE RAM Memory problem

Post by MrDuxisizzy »

Anyone?
MrDuxisizzy

Re: LMDE RAM problem

Post by MrDuxisizzy »

BUMP
MrDuxisizzy

Post by MrDuxisizzy »

Ok so,when my system is in idle state, "free -m" command says :

total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 2026 642 1383 0 0 292
-/+ buffers/cache: 349 1676
Swap: 0 0 0

And when playing game (Spiral Knights) :

total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 2026 1247 778 0 0 374
-/+ buffers/cache: 872 1153
Swap: 0 0 0

I don't know what is problem,i think that is RAM,but maybe processor?
cwsnyder

Post by cwsnyder »

How much swap do you have, and how fast is your hard drive? Also, is the nVidia GeForce 9500 GT an external video card with its own RAM, or an internal graphics system.

Are you running from the Internet? If so, you must also investigate your Internet connection speed to the site, buffering in the computer, etc.
MrDuxisizzy

Post by MrDuxisizzy »

its external video card,yes i am running game from the internet and its multiplayer game,but i don't know how to see how much swap do i have and how much is fast my hard drive. And a my internet speed is : Ping 37 ms , Download speed is 4.91 Mbps and upload 0.24 Mbps , is that bad or fine?
MrDuxisizzy

Post by MrDuxisizzy »

Ok so i think that this is network connection problem,cause when i play Counter Strike 1.6 my fps is 20-100,and Spiral Knights bases on java,maybe java could be problem or network,i searched for networks problems and i found that roaming mode slows my network,so i turn it off and connection is better but it lags when 2+ monsters spawns in game. My surfboard is : Motorola SB5101UE Cable modem,i see that Linux doesn't request custom driver for network...Also online games (armorgames,hackedgames or games with high graphics etc.) have no lag,all is good. Spiral Knights also download resources (i think) from internet (Its realtime map changing)..
cwsnyder

Post by cwsnyder »

Code: Select all

swapon -s
is the code to list any swap space used by your Linux OS. I am concerned because Java machine/code can take up a lot of memory space and you only list having 2G RAM. You may be running out of RAM on Spiral Knights, which, if you don't have swap set up, can cause slowdowns. That is why I asked.

You may want to read this article for more information on swap space. http://www.linux.com/news/software/appl ... swap-space
MrDuxisizzy

Post by MrDuxisizzy »

Holly cow,i did mkswap on my external media and now its gone,there was all mine private stuff , games and other!
Can i backup it?
MrDuxisizzy

Post by MrDuxisizzy »

nahh,forgot about it,there is no back...but i am not going to cry
:D

Return to “LMDE Archive”