Defaults for English Installation

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

Defaults for English Installation

Post by solar1951 »

Using a Daryna Gnome with UK english and want to be able to change the default from inches to millimetres for things such as the EOG. I always have the option in a drop down box but it defaults to inches (very USA) and I would like to get it to be metric.
Any ideas which variable to set ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Defaults for English Installation

Post by MagnusB »

I am not sure, but I don't think GNOME centralize localization options. Have you checked the application for such options?
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

Post by solar1951 »

MagnusB wrote:I am not sure, but I don't think GNOME centralize localization options. Have you checked the application for such options?
There are no options for this on the apps I am interested in.
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

I messed around in KDE last night and found some localization options like currency, comma settings and change to metric system, but I have not seen a similar option in GNOME. I might take a look at it when I go home, if I am able to remember it then. A quick Googling didn't give any usable results either.
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

Post by solar1951 »

Hi MagnusB,

Like you I googled around and about the only thing I came up with was this link which seems to be "in-progress" as a discussion.

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/3342/

Return to “Beginner Questions”