How do I download files from LGIP-340NV phone?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
flyboy1565

Re: How do I download files from LGIP-340NV phone?

Post by flyboy1565 »

Have you tried texting to your email? Cause that would be the simplest

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
computerilliterate

Post by computerilliterate »

I need to tell you that this is where I end up every time I ask for help with a computer problem. Every. Single. Time.

No message board; no help window; no book; no class;no computer expert has ever helped learn anything on a computer that I hadn't already figured out myself.

I've even scored top marks in every one of the computer classes I've taken. This is how much it has helped me.

I think the world was better without computers.

@nimomrki: No memory card

@flyboy: not a smartphone.

I mean it when I say this: no message board has ever helped me with a problem. Ever. Not even a problem that everyone tells me is easy, like this one.

Thanks anyway.
ninomrki
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ninomrki »

Unfortunately for you, the problem is not PC related. Your phone is the problem. Or should I say the kind people that made the phone and sold it to people without giving them instructions on how to use it. Based on my experience with various phones, you will not be able to download a picture (or anything else) from the phone storage to your PC without a software from the phone manufacturer (which usually comes with the phone). PCs usually recognize the phones memory card as a USB storage device (sometimes automatically and sometimes after setting your phone to be recognized like that in the phone settings). Either way, I doubt you will be able to do much without a memory card in your phone and the picture you want stored on it. That is probably why your PC does nothing when you connect your phone to it.
Home is where the Wi-Fi is.

Registered Linux user #562302
computerilliterate

Yeah, except that now I'll go to the phone store and they'll tell me the problem is in my computer.

Have fun with your machines. I'm going outside and exercising.
ninomrki
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ninomrki »

I'm sure they will tell you the problem is your computer. The reason for that is that they have people working in phone stores that have no clue about PC or phones. Probably some imbecile who was working in a pet store or something before he or she got a job in the phone store. Their knowledge of things they sell usually ends at reading the specs of the product. Ask them more about it and they start talking nonsense. My advice to you is: insert a memory card into your phone (borrow one from a friend if you don't have one), connect your phone to the PC and see what happens.

dobbelyou

Post by dobbelyou »

computerilliterate wrote:Yeah, except that now I'll go to the phone store and they'll tell me the problem is in my computer.

Have fun with your machines. I'm going outside and exercising.
can i help you?
open terminal, type: lsusb when telephone is connected

what type of telephone u have? LGIP-340NV is the battery
computerilliterate

Thanks, but I have no idea what a memory card is, where it goes, or how it works.

Btw: Something I've noticed about the computer advice I get: it *always* involves buying something.

I guarantee you that if I go get a memory card, the end result will be that it won't work, and I'll have to go buy something else.

Thanks anyway.

@dobbelyou: again, no. No, just like every other time I've ever asked for help with a computer. No.
ninomrki
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ninomrki »

computerilliterate wrote:Thanks, but I have no idea what a memory card is, where it goes, or how it works.

Btw: Something I've noticed about the computer advice I get: it *always* involves buying something.

I guarantee you that if I go get a memory card, the end result will be that it won't work, and I'll have to go buy something else.

Thanks anyway.
That's why I said borrow one from a friend if you don't have one

xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Okay, this isn't going anywhere. We're happy to help, but that is not as easy as you appear to think it should be. We're all here just other users of Linux Mint. Just as if you had a car, and we were trying to help you fix some problem with it, that would quickly get detailed and technical if we exchange messages only over the Internet and you have a car for which nobody has access to the manual or what engine it is using and so on. We would ask you for all kinds of details before we could make further suggestion on what you could try. That is not the kind of help you are looking for, so let's end this topic here.

Find a Linux user group, a hobby computer club, or a tech savvy teenager that you are acquainted with and ask them to help you with this. With you being, self-proclaimed, computer illiterate and us probably getting detailed and technical to get you to share information that we need for giving you more help, it will be easier for you if somebody you can meet with in person can help you (so they can do all this finding out of details and technical tidbits). Most Linux user groups are very friendly and helpful.
ninomrki
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ninomrki »

See if you can find your phone here: http://www.lg.com/us/support/verizon-phones

It might help you find the answer you need

flyboy1565

Post by flyboy1565 »

Back in the old days when your didn't have a smart phone you could still text to email. Also have you tried the Verizon software disc that would have come with your phone if it is so old

Also please don't be a jerk, we're only others here to help those that want help. Otherwise pay someone to do it!
Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
FireSoul
Level 3
Level 3

Post by FireSoul »

[quote="computerilliterate"]First of all, I chose my screen name for a reason.

I want to learn how to download a photo from a phone (the LGIP-340NV). I plug my phone into my laptop and nothing happens (I have Linux Mint 11).

Hello.

It looks like that is battery of phono.http://www.amazon.com/LG-Cosmos-Battery ... B004G7VAMU

If you have memory cart in your phono MicroSD and cart reader in your computer you can use too it with adapter,in my computer it can read so too.
I have adapter for MicroSD to use in usb too.
It's easy way to read MicroSDs.

I hope this can help.

Return to “Beginner Questions”