How to change the original color green of selected area?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ocean

How to change the original color green of selected area?

Post by Ocean »

I would like to change the background color of the selected files and folders, there is a file to edit?

Example: http://i45.tinypic.com/4i0t93.jpg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
EmpireITtech

Re: How to change the original color green of selected area?

Post by EmpireITtech »

What version of Mint are you using?
And, more importantly, what desktop environment are you running? Cinnamon/MATE/KDE/Xfce?
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

Sorry you're right, I use Linux Mint 14.1 Nadia Cinnamon.
GeneC

Post by GeneC »

The color is theme specific, either change to another theme, or look here... :)

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/09/customiz ... using.html

I've been using it for months, and it works most excellently....
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

It's made to my :D , now I try.

I would also change the appearance of the Panel, for the truth I wanted to make it transparent, but for now this tool only changes the color?

Ciao
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

I think I found the solution for the transparency of the Panel, you must go to the folder of the theme in use: /usr/share/themes/....... and change the cinnamon.css file, by changing the value of the alpha channel... maybe :)

Return to “Beginner Questions”