.bashrc file???

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ECHO1

.bashrc file???

Post by ECHO1 »

I am trying to either make or access the .bashrc file to personalize the way things work and look. I have code name Nadia. Can anyone help me out?
Also I am using vim editor, just in case that helps with any answers. :?

Thank you,

ECHO1
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lmarmisa

Re: .bashrc file???

Post by lmarmisa »

You can edit the file .bashrc typing this command:

Code: Select all

vi ~/.bashrc
ECHO1

Post by ECHO1 »

Thankyou for the help. I have get to that point b4. I have aaalllooooot of reading left to do U take it. lol.
:D

Thank you,
ECHO1

p.s. Any tips or, Ideas please feel freee. I am a Brand newbie getting powned by linux ATM. But I had my last straw with windows.
ECHO1

Post by ECHO1 »

When I open this for the 1st time will it be an empty space? Just the symblos on the left?

lmarmisa wrote:You can edit the file .bashrc typing this command:

Code: Select all

vi ~/.bashrc

Return to “Beginner Questions”