35mm Camera - Covert to Digital?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

35mm Camera - Covert to Digital?

Post by caf4926 »

I know there are some enthusiasts here.

But does anyone know a good way to convert 35mm images to digital or should I need to seek out professional help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
srs5694
Level 6
Level 6

Re: 35mm Camera - Covert to Digital?

Post by srs5694 »

If you mean you want to get photos taken on film converted to digital, then yes; all you need is a film scanner. Many flatbed scanners include this functionality, but dedicated film scanners can do a better job.

If you mean you want to turn a 35mm camera into a digital camera, then AFAIK this isn't practical, at least not for most cameras. I've seen a few product announcements for devices that are supposed to do such a conversion, but the ones I've seen have all been jokes/hoaxes.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Unless you shoot a lot of film on a regular basis then sending in to film lab to do.
As a decent film scanner is cost $1000-$2000 dollars. As pointed out some scanners have an option to scan film in.
But don't give the best result.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/indepth/pho ... er-roundup

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/indepth/pho ... alog-media

I find digital is the only way for me couldn't afford the time and prices of film & processing.
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

Have to agree here - unless you want to make a big investment, just have a lab or kiosk do it - very cheap. Around here there are drug stores and big box stores with these facilities. I could probably spit and hit three of them. If good quality is important you may want to consult a reputable camera shop - you usually get what you pay for.

Pat
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: 35mm Camera - Covert to Digital? [SOLVED]

Post by caf4926 »

Great advice friends
Thanks
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon

Return to “Open Chat”