Next long term support release - when?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
taylorkh
Level 2
Level 2

Next long term support release - when?

Post by taylorkh »

The current LTS release, 13, is supported until April 2017. What wil the next LTS release be? And when might it be released? I have found schedules for the prior and current releases but not the future. Sorry for a basic question which I should have been able to find the answer for myself. I just spent more than an hour arguing with my ISP's "technical" support trying to determine why their email pop3 server would not accept SSL connections and my mind is a little frazzled. (and the reason was that their instructions had the wrong server name - figured that out after I got off the line with them :x

Thanks,

Ken
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Next long term support release - when?

Post by tdockery97 »

The next LTS release will be Mint 17, approximately May of 2014.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
taylorkh
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Next long term support release - when?

Post by taylorkh »

Thanks tdockery97. I am running CentOS 6 on my main desktop as Ubuntu and Mint would not handle my dual monitor setup. Mint 14 does but I do not want to spend the effort to change to it only to have to do it over again in a year. Similar issue with my netbook and wife's desktop. Mint 13 Mate would not support remote desktop sharing so they are running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with Gnome. The remote issue is fixed in 14. I guess I may need to revisit the question in 2014 although the Ubuntu machines are supported until 2017 :mrgreen: and the CentOS machine until 2020 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I hate installing a new OS when I have the current one working just the way I want.

Thanks again,

Ken

Return to “Non-technical Questions”