Boot problem sometimes...

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
art_

Boot problem sometimes...

Post by art_ »

Hi,
I have just installed mint 14 MATE and it works... sometimes. I have also installed on disk w7. I've made a 30GB free HDD space and made 1GB for swap, the rest for the system. When I restart a computer sometimes MINT works sometimes dosent, it's starting and then there is a black screen and nothing more. I need to try few times to make it work. Any idea ?

regards
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mintyy

Re: Boot problem sometimes...

Post by mintyy »

Hello,

do you use the displayport to connect your monitor?

I have similar problems as described here:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 28#p682028

Sometimes booting works fine but often I have to restart over and over again in order to get a picture on the screen after a "cold start". Win 7 starts fine every time.

My guess is a displayport problem in combination with my Intel HD4000. What graphics do you use?

regards
mintyy

Re: Boot problem sometimes...

Post by mintyy »

Try hitting

CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE

brought me from the black cursorless screen to the session login, from there just wait a few seconds and the desktop appears (if auto login enabled I guess). Have to observe if it works every time this appears.

Return to “Installation & Boot”