svideo and change pal

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
troqnec

svideo and change pal

Post by troqnec »

Hi friends, I dont see the xorg.conf file...before few years I was with slackware and there was a /etc/X11/xorg.conf but now i read in some forum's and this file is removed by default (or may be i don't understand couse my english is terrible) So now I have a mint 14 with Intel® 965GM x86/MMX/SSE2 driver. I have a old TV with svideo and that svideo working fine with one other OS. Here in mint i have a Display's menu and when i put the cable in TV and in my laptop, in this menu I see the tv like unknown device. The picture on TV is black - white and I think that I must change PAL B settings in xorg.conf.....but i can't see this file. Is there another way to put this think to work. sorry for my english...and thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
troqnec

Re: svideo and change pal

Post by troqnec »

Ok I try with reboot and boot the system in recovery mode. After that with root i try to create xorg.conf file with "X -configure" command. But I have this error "Could not create lock file in /tmp/.tx0-lock". I try to fix it with "fsck" but the error is steel there. Please help
troqnec

Re: svideo and change pal

Post by troqnec »

Hi, I fixed problem with

Code: Select all

xrandr --output TV1 --set mode PAL
but now I have a problem with tv resolution. The picture on TV is with 3-4 cm (from each side) smaller than the TV screen. When I change 800x600 or 1024x768 the screen on Tv has no change. I try with other resolution with

Code: Select all

xrandr --output TV1 --mode "768x576 at 50" --above LVDS1
and then i have a error message. Thanks in advance

Return to “Beginner Questions”