Printing to a Canon IR Advanced 6275 Copier

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pmonette

Printing to a Canon IR Advanced 6275 Copier

Post by pmonette »

I am new to Linux Mint and am trying to get Mint to print to our Canon Imagerunner Advanced 6275 copier. The system finds both copiers and appears to install them just fine. The issue is I am not able to print to them even though the computer appears to be talking with the copier. Any info which might help me solve my problem would be much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Printing to a Canon IR Advanced 6275 Copier

Post by kyphi »

Have you downloaded and installed the necessary driver from Canon?

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0011108.asp

Download the DEB file according to your installation for 32-bit or 64-bit. After downloading double click the DEB file to install it.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
pmonette

Re: Printing to a Canon IR Advanced 6275 Copier

Post by pmonette »

Yes I did install this driver. What I am getting on the copier is PDL Image..Invalid Data so I know the computer is at least sending the job to the copier.

Return to “Beginner Questions”