Chromium first run is always wrong

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
monobot

Chromium first run is always wrong

Post by monobot »

I have a strange problem with my chromium browser, never happened before in other linux desktops

Everytime i start chromium after a reboot it comes in a different screen resolution thus its seen very small and also i cant clic on the tabs. I cant maximize because for the program its in its maximum size.
After i close it and/or start any other instance of the browser everything is ok.
Any clue of what is happening?

That only happens to chromium btw.

This is a screenshot:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zelmani

Re: Chromium first run is always wrong

Post by zelmani »

I had the same thing just yesterday, for the first and only time so far, also with Chrome. Also Nadia + Cinammon + ATI GPU
monobot

Post by monobot »

Nadia + Cinnamon but i have a intel motherboard graphic card
monobot

Post by monobot »

Update, today the browser started with the same behaviour.
But then when i run a second instance of it never started again, i had to uninstall and install it again.

Any1 has a clue about it? thanks in advance
zelmani

Post by zelmani »

No clue, but today it happened to me with LibreOffice Writer. Not consistently reproduceable though...

Return to “Beginner Questions”