Reset all mouse setting

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
joggingbear

Reset all mouse setting

Post by joggingbear »

I'm trying to reset my mouse settings in Linux Mint to what they were when I first installed.
Right now, acceleration is messed up entirely, and no matter how much I tweak them, I can't get them back to what they were when I first installed it.

When I'm at the login screen, the settings are exactly what I wanted/how they were when I first installed, but as soon as I log in, they go back to being un-accelerated and slow.

I'm running Linux Mint 14 with Cinnamon (the issue persists if I log in with GNOME however).

Is it possible to reset the mouse settings back to how they were from a fresh install? I'm at my wits end. Nearly tried everything else.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
brinewsome

Re: Reset all mouse setting

Post by brinewsome »

Must be to do with the profile settings. I'm totally new to Linux though. Do you know where the settings are for the mouse in Cinnamon? :)
Michael42
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Michael42 »

I don't think there is a reset or "back to default" way for the mouse settings. One thing you can do is create a new user, then log in as that user and see the default settings for the mouse.

For Cinnamon 14, it's under Menu > Preferences > Mouse and Touchpad

Here's mine..I'm using default(I think):
Screenshotmouse1.png
brinewsome

Post by brinewsome »

Cool found it.
Many thanks

Return to “Hardware Support”