SOLVED - Latitude D630 - not browsing for available networks

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
owd1234

SOLVED - Latitude D630 - not browsing for available networks

Post by owd1234 »

I have completed a new install of Linux Mint 14 on a Dell Latitude - D630. Network controller is a BCM4311. I installed the wireless drivers when connected to the internet with ethernet cable. Wireless connection was made to my airport express and I was using the wireless connection no problem after disconnecting ethernet cable. I have taken my laptop to a different location and it does not browse for available networks. There are available networks as I can see from my ipad. I could use help browsing for networks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
owd1234

Re: SOLVED - Latitude D630 - not browsing for available netw

Post by owd1234 »

installed network manager - WICD and everything is good in the world. Would be nice if this was included in the Linux Mint 14 install build. I don't remeber having to install the network manager with Mint 13.

Return to “Networking”