Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Bonsaii

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Post by Bonsaii »

To all developers, coders, testers, helpers, translators, and everyone else working on Linuxmint:

A huge Thank You!

Linuxmint now runs for months without a single problem.
Update pack 6 installed without a flaw.

In the decades I am using computers,
and with quite a few distros tested,
I do not recall a similar period of ease
and without any work needed.

You, ladies and gents, rock!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Post by zerozero »

:D thank you for reporting
konasteph

Post by konasteph »

Mint team has done outstanding service, Thank you guys, but here I will try to explain what specifically leads me to express my appreciation.
Since I am constantly tinkering, about a month ago, I wanted to build a Linux machine that has all the functionality of LMDE , and, at first, I considered Arch linux, to get that "I built it from scratch" warm fuzzy feeling.
Didn't last very long, what a pain! All the postings are outdated etc etc. Then: Debian Wheezy. I succeeded, to a large part because I had used LMDE for so long. (Still using it as the pillar that supports my effort, and I will stick with Mint, to sum things up, right here.)
But I worked on my Debian system until finally, it came to resemble something really usable, with MATE desktop, drivers, codecs non-frees and so forth, so you can do photo editing, movie editing, vitual box things.....
BUT by no means OUT OF THE BOX!! A lot of googling, repos, keyrings, tarballs, and where did I find the answers in 90 percent of the cases? Mintforums, and Ubuntu, also.

So, there it is, what a waste of time,one might say, just go and download the iso file from Linux Mint, install and 2 hours (tops) later you are up and running with a system that will take you a week (or more) to build, even using an excellent distro such as Debian. A Windows user, screwing around with apt, now that is a sight to behold can you imagine!

So here goes, thank you, monsieur Clem and all the others!

Konasteph
drdavidk

Post by drdavidk »

Just wanted to add my thank you's too. The latest LMDE ISO-RC installed flawlessly on my new System 76 laptop, which means I am now entirely Windows-free. I hadn't used Windows in a few years anyway, but it was on my old HP laptop, and I kept it there "just in case." I recently bought a Linux-only laptop, and would have installed LMDE on it right away, but the old iso didn't have recent enough video drivers to load up. I wish LMDE still supported XFCE. I am very impressed with the progress of Cinnamon, but like the speed and ease of XFCE, so I installed XFCE 4.10 from the siduction repos, and am now pointing to the SID repos for my updates. All is well and good!

I keep a second set of partitions to continue trying new distros (I've tried perhaps half of DistroWatch's top 100), but I keep coming back to LMDE. To thank you for all your hard work, I recently sent another $50 Clem's way.

Return to “LMDE Archive”