Configure mate-keyring for my session

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Salva

Configure mate-keyring for my session

Post by Salva »

Hello.

It seems that I can't configure mate-keyring to be as gnome-keyring used to be in Linux Mint 9. In Mint 9, each time I started a program like Pidgin, a pop-up window asked for a password to unlock the keyring for that active session only (it asked for the password just 1 time during that session).

With Mint 13, a password is never asked, something I really don't like. Maybe the solution is easy, but I can't find the way to do it. Some solutions I found searching with google, require to install gnome-keyring, seahorse and editing some of the files at /etc/xdg/autostart/ (grep OnlyShowIn *) but none of them worked for me.

Am I missing something?
Can somebody show me the right way to do it?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Distribution: Linux Mint 13 Maya
Desktop: MATE
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Salva

Re: Configure mate-keyring for my session

Post by Salva »

Salva

Post by Salva »

Ok... I give up.

Can't find a way to configure mate-keyring to ask the keyring password before a program like filezilla conects to ftp.

Does anybody knows a program that handle passwords in mint?

For me is a security risk because anybody can access the control panel of my web pages... :(
Salva

Post by Salva »

Thanks CtrlAltDel!

Basically the same thing happened to me, all searches have led me to those pages which have not been useful to configure mate-keyring.

Anyway I appreciate your response and your help!

Return to “Beginner Questions”