Mint 14 sound not working on Acer laptop

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kvnsz

Mint 14 sound not working on Acer laptop

Post by kvnsz »

I am using mint 14 Nadia on an Acer laptop. My sound would work for a short time after bootup, but 5 to 10 minutes later no sound what-so-ever. I eventually installed pulse audio and all the libraries associated with it and my sound works fantastic. So I would have to say that when I first installed Nadia, the sound hardware was not found and Mint just put in a Dummy pkg that really did not work right. So if this applies to you, install Pulse audio.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kvnsz

Re: Mint 14 sound not working on Acer laptop

Post by kvnsz »

Well, I guess I posted too soon, my sound stopped working again......I will let everyone know what the outcome is. :(
justy39

Post by justy39 »

I would use mint 14 if I could. But needs to be a pae cpu. I like 14 better. 13 asks for too many password if you use software manager.
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

@kvnnsz - I hope you get it working soon.
http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/view/3844 - I have posted an idea on having a Troubleshotting wizard in Mint for audio related issues. Request you have a look at it and provide your views and if it makes sense cast your vote on it. Thanks :)

Return to “Sound”