Configure mate-keyring for my session

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Configure mate-keyring for my session

Postby Salva on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:58 pm

Hello.

It seems that I can't configure mate-keyring to be as gnome-keyring used to be in Linux Mint 9. In Mint 9, each time I started a program like Pidgin, a pop-up window asked for a password to unlock the keyring for that active session only (it asked for the password just 1 time during that session).

With Mint 13, a password is never asked, something I really don't like. Maybe the solution is easy, but I can't find the way to do it. Some solutions I found searching with google, require to install gnome-keyring, seahorse and editing some of the files at /etc/xdg/autostart/ (grep OnlyShowIn *) but none of them worked for me.

Am I missing something?
Can somebody show me the right way to do it?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Distribution: Linux Mint 13 Maya
Desktop: MATE
Salva
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Configure mate-keyring for my session

Postby Salva on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:56 pm

Salva
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Salva on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:51 am

Ok... I give up.

Can't find a way to configure mate-keyring to ask the keyring password before a program like filezilla conects to ftp.

Does anybody knows a program that handle passwords in mint?

For me is a security risk because anybody can access the control panel of my web pages... :(
Salva
Level 1
Level 1

Postby CtrlAltDel on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:16 am

Salva wrote:Ok... I give up.

Can't find a way to configure mate-keyring to ask the keyring password before a program like filezilla conects to ftp.

Does anybody knows a program that handle passwords in mint?

For me is a security risk because anybody can access the control panel of my web pages... :(

I tried looking up some things for you but everything I tried to look up led me right to pages you said you have already looked at in your previous posts. I wish I could help you but, my knowledge is limited.
i3-2120 Processor
Intel HD Graphics 2000
8 GB Memory - 1 TB HD
Mint 17 Cinnamon 64bit
CtrlAltDel
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Salva on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:40 pm

Thanks CtrlAltDel!

Basically the same thing happened to me, all searches have led me to those pages which have not been useful to configure mate-keyring.

Anyway I appreciate your response and your help!
Salva
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions