Installation freezing at the partition window

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
R@f

Installation freezing at the partition window

Post by R@f »

Hello,

I'm trying to install Mint on my desktop computer since this morning but I still didn't manage to install it. It always freezes when I want to create my partitions, for the "Along side operating system" install type as for the manual one. I can just move the mouse but everything else doesn't work (every window is freezed). I have the exact same problem when I try installing Ubuntu instead of Mint !

I'm using a USB stick formated with Universal USB Installer as installation media and my desktop computer is by far powerful enough for Mint (i7 3930k (6 cores), 32GB RAM, GTX 680, 180GB Intel SSD + 1To HDD). I have Windows 7 installed on it for the moment. As my computer is new, I have this UEFI thing which I'm not really familiar with, could this be the source of my problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
R@f.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
yrrchsebor

Re: Installation freezing at the partition window

Post by yrrchsebor »

hi, i had problems installing both Mint and Ubuntu as well, but i fixed it by removing the installer slideshow: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=119215.

however, my installs were freezing after the partitioning part, so i don't know if that is your issue. i wonder if there are any UEFI settings that would prevent the installer from partitioning your hard drive. in general i know you want to disable secure boot, but i wonder what else it could be..

Return to “Installation & Boot”