Installing linux mint

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
technologicme

Installing linux mint

Post by technologicme »

I have windows xp dual boot with linux lite i wish to do a clean install of linux mint an blow away the other operating systems an just have linux mint as my main os what is the best way to go about this ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mr_element
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Installing linux mint

Post by mr_element »

Well although I am new and I know almost nothing, I'd suggest that this can be done in any way. I'm sure you will receive many sophisticated ways as a reply but what I would do is make a LiveCD on a USB using Pendrive boot from it and start installation of Mint14.
When you reach the point where it shows you all the partitions etc. etc. etc. just delete all of them and start a fresh install of Mint according to the many guides that you can find here around the forum. If you have a storage partition (which contains only data and no OS) you don't have to delete it of course.

Best regards,
George.
If you ask, you look like a fool for the amount of time your question needs to be answered.
If you do not ask, you will remain a fool for ever.

Return to “Installation & Boot”