Neither Wireless or Wires connection works. State - down

Questions about WIFI networks and devices
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Neither Wireless or Wires connection works. State - down

Postby Ponch0 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:07 am

My apologies if wrong forum, I didn't see the forum that had a combination of the 2 problems.

I've googled the problem and most solutions are just that of missing drivers. This is not the case here, it seems that I can't turn the state of my wireless/wired connection to "up", although I have both drivers installed. The problems seemed to have started after I installed gpart and gparted although I didn't use them. I reinstalled the OS from Mint 14 KDE to Mint 14 Mate. The reinstallation did not change anything and I'm still without internet. I have to type up some command outputs since I'm using another computer so please if I make an error and its illegible, point it out.

I would really appreciate the help. Thank you!
Card-2: Atheros AR8161 Gigabit Ethernet driver: alx
IF: eth0 state: down mac: 00....

Hard blocked: no
1: phy0: Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: no

I'm a newb to linux but that's some info I think may be relevant. This process of Linux install has been so bad for me I even deleted my EFI partition :/, I'm running this in CSM boot, if that matters. Please help ! Thank you again.

I was able resolve the issue by reinstalling AGAIN. Somehow I was able to get it back up and running, I wish I could post about what the issue was, but really I have no idea.
Ponch0
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Wireless