Blank screen on resume with NVIDIA graphics card

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jamsterthecool

Blank screen on resume with NVIDIA graphics card

Post by jamsterthecool »

HI,

After trying out unbuntu 12.10 and finding it buggy(edit: ok not buggy more conflicting with my graphics driver) .I am now trying out mint .
Has anyone using mint managed to get the NVIDIA GeForce 7025 graphics card working correctly .i.e. - so when the computer resumes it dosn't show a blank screen with a mouse pointer, which is what I also got with ubuntu .
PLease tell me if Am I wasting my time trying to get linux to work correctly with this card?.If so I am willing to buy another card. I just don't want to send any more time messing about trying to get this card to work, if it's a fundemetal problem, with this card that can not as yet be fixed .

Or is there another distro I may have more success with because it users a different driver or something?.

Below is a link to the mother board I have installed .

http://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68-VS3%20FX/

MInt 14 64 bit
GeForce 7025 graphics card

thanks for advice
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jamsterthecool

Re: Blank screen on resume with NVIDIA graphics card

Post by jamsterthecool »

Another problem . The X server has stopped working .

I can't get into linux mint !
jamsterthecool

Re: Blank screen on resume with NVIDIA graphics card

Post by jamsterthecool »

All's good with the world once more :D if only every 'error' in human society could be sorted out with a few lines of sensible code !.

Simply installed the Nvidia drivers by following the "How to install the Nvidia proprietary drivers in LinuxMint" guide, below link .

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=117643

UPDATE: Not working that good afterall ;-(

Return to “Hardware Support”