Problems with Boot

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Gio70

Problems with Boot

Post by Gio70 »

I have downloaded the mint mate addition for 32bit, checked the md5, I have correctly burned the ISO on a DVD and the Boot ignores it totally. I tried to boot the DVD on my laptop and it Boots. my system was Vista which now is upgraded to wind 7, 2GB RAM, 2GHz with an Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU.
Please help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Problems with Boot

Post by catweazel »

You probably need to tell your machine that you want to boot from the DVD. How you do that will be explained in the manual for that machine.

Usually it's just a function key you need to press a few times, but check the manual for what key it is. Failing that, go into your machine's BIOS and set the DVD as the first boot device. If you don't know how to do that either, it's also in the manual.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Gio70

Re: Problems with Boot

Post by Gio70 »

Thanks for your reply and I apologies for not saying already done and also considered USB but my BIOS does not allow USB Boot. ~Boot is set to DVD and I also tried with Windows DVD and it Boots.

Return to “Installation & Boot”