Kubuntu 13.04

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Kubuntu 13.04

Post by tdockery97 »

Giving the development build of Kubuntu 13.04 a whirl. Very nice so far. They're using kernel 3.7 (I think they plan on 3.8 by final release in April), and KDE 4.9.80. I wonder if it will be KDE 5 by release? At this point it's very stable. I've followed Kubuntu development on the last couple of releases, and throughout the cycle there were no major breakages. Waiting to see how this one goes. It will give a good idea of the underlying system in Mint 15.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Condorman
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Kubuntu 13.04

Post by Condorman »

I dunno about Kubuntu 13.04, but 12.10 is a distro I have a lot of time for. I quite liked 12.04, but 12.10 has so far for me been one of the best distros I've ever used. KDE has grown into its skin very nicely now, and fulfils its promise. It's mature and complete, and extremely stable, and not a moment too soon.

Sad that Ubuntu 12.10 hasn't turned out so well, but clearly the OS underpinnings are solid, as the spin offs and community respins from it have so far proved fantastic.
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

Agree on Kubuntu 12.10. Works great.
The Dark Side

Post by The Dark Side »

Kubuntu is getting better and better. The last two versions of Kubuntu (12.04 and 12.10) are the best in the history of Kubuntu. They work really well, almost excellent. If Kubuntu 13.04 is still in the same way, we will have again a brilliant version as Kubuntu 12.04 and 12.10. Kubuntu has already surpassed Ubuntu. Let's see ..... will bring Kubuntu 13.04. Best regards.-
The Dark Side

Post by The Dark Side »

I downloaded and tested it Kubuntu 13.04 Alpha 2. KDE comes with 4.10 among other enhancements. It really works very well, has some errors of alpha versions, but it really works well. If this continues in this direction, I have no doubt that Kubuntu 13.04 is really an excellent version. Greetings.-
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Yep KDE just released 4.10.1 mainly under the hood bug fixes. And running now backported on Mint 14 kde.
Was always a gnome guy and hated kde. In the past there were many valid reasons for that.
Now not so much and now my main flavor choice.

Still way too much in your face settings & tweaking and a bit overwhelming trying to figure out where to adjust things.

But beyond that a very usable & powerful desktop that is not as the Kde haters have you believe a "Resource Hog!".
It runs lighter & snappier than my Cinnamon 14 did on same system.
The Dark Side

Post by The Dark Side »

Since Kubuntu went completely into the hands of the community, has not stopped growing. Kubuntu 12.04 LTS and Kubuntu 12.10 are really excellent, fantastic !!!!

And, how could it be otherwise, Kubuntu 13.04 is really great too, as people of Kubuntu is really doing very well, the truth that I'm hoping with affection the next Kubuntu LTS to see how they have left (Kubuntu 14.04). To my view there that no hitting than Kubuntu and Linux Mint KDE.-
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Jose Manuel wrote:Kubuntu 13.04 is really great too,
+1 for that. I've been running kubuntu 13.04 for a little under a week and it's absolutely brilliant. Rock solid, and fast, too.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Chat about Linux”