help with usb wireless adapter tp link tl-wn722n

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Osquillar279

help with usb wireless adapter tp link tl-wn722n

Post by Osquillar279 »

hi guys im using linux mint 13 XFCE , i just bought this adapter because it says it was a high gain device , checking i realize that its supported, the system detectes it and i can select it from the network manager but my pc its not gaining speed or nothing , lets say that when i connect to the internet without the adapter i have a 62% of signal, when i use the adpater i got the same and sometimes less than that. The lights of the adapter turns on and the light of the device ticks but thats all.

There is somekind of process to make this device to work well?? my wireless card is an Atheros ar9285 and the chipset of the usb adapter is atheros ar9271. Im using the kernel 3.2 , if i upgrade it the device should work??

could you help me with this please?? im kind of new on linux perhaps you should send some commands to put them on the terminal so you could help me easily.

I read in some place about downloading the firmware of the device and installing the newest version of compat wireless ?? COuld someone explain me that? Im new on Linux, theres a lot of things to learn , i know..

What should i do , step by step??
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hotalot

Re: help with usb wireless adapter tp link tl-wn722n

Post by hotalot »

I have the very same adapter and it was only working with wep encription on linuxmint 12 Lisa. I upgraded to Mint14 and it works like a charm with wpa psk, wpa2, whatever.

To test your card you can boot a live Mint 14 DVD and see if it works.

Cheers,

Armando
Osquillar279

Re: help with usb wireless adapter tp link tl-wn722n

Post by Osquillar279 »

yeah i did try with mint 14 xfce on a live dvd, it was the same thing , that device is not high-gaining anything.

I bought it after reading the good reviews customers gave it on amazon.com , even linux users said it was working well for them, very weird

Return to “Hardware Support”