Linux Mint Is A Better Distro Than Ubuntu

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Linux Mint Is A Better Distro Than Ubuntu

Post by catweazel »

Brahim wrote:"AN UNHOLY MESS" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Much like your posts.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

/dev/urandom wrote:So actually it just fails to run Cinnamon for you? :mrgreen:

(Regarding the "archaic" login screen: You can change it, just as you can on Mint.)
that release is the worst I've ever seen!

I have recently installed PClinuxOS LXDE instead and it works like a charm!. I love it :D
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

TehGhodTrole wrote:
craig10x wrote:
TehGhodTrole wrote:It must really suck to see ads in your start menu like that.
That can be turned off in about 5 seconds by going to the privacy settings and hitting an "off button" ...that is the amazon lens results on the "dash" (search) you are looking at...once turned off, you don't get that...
Yes, but that wasn't my point.
Well, he has to try to make some money back on this (Mark Shuttleworth, the sponsor of ubuntu)...mint does it with duckduckgo and ads on their website....ubuntu does it with things like the amazon lens...they are also getting into ubuntu preinstalled on laptops as well as other devices (phones, tablets, etc) ubuntu is the only one big enough in the linux world to hopefully make it into the mainstream...they should be ENCOURAGED for doing that not put down...

And as i mentioned, they provided any easy way to turn it off if you desire not to participate with it...i turn mine off but i do support them by making contributions now and then...
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Yes I totally agree with you on that. Ubuntu is the one that brought Linux to the wider public and made it mainstream. I do support Ubuntu myself but I think it can do much better! It can actually adopt Cinnamon, Mate,consort or develop another user-friendly DE and release it as a second edition just like Mint; a Cinnamon edition and a Unity one would be great :D Actually they can have as many editions as they want and Canonical would always be there to finance :D How is that guys?

Return to “Chat about Linux”