Linux mint 4.0 main CD won't boot into gnome

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Cai

Re: Linux mint 4.0 main CD won't boot into gnome

Post by Cai »

I'm having the same problem. I get the Linux Mint splash screen, it loads for a couple of seconds, then it sits at the command line. I've already tried the safe graphics mode - it does the same thing.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cai

Post by Cai »

Cai wrote:I'm having the same problem. I get the Linux Mint splash screen, it loads for a couple of seconds, then it sits at the command line. I've already tried the safe graphics mode - it does the same thing.
To add to this, I just tried the "noapic" code, and got several screens of text, and was then dumped back to the command line. After sitting there for almost a minute, I got a couple error messages (ACPI error, it says). So I used "acpi=off", and it went back to the command line one more time.

This is getting frustrating.
Dutchmaster
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Dutchmaster »

Don't know if this comes close to solving your problem or even applies, but I'll offer it anyway.

When I load the Mint Livecd, sometimes I have to cut my laptop off completely (plug and battery unplugged), wait 10 seconds, and boot from scratch. Then I don't get the error you spoke of.

Good Luck!

Return to “Installation & Boot”