Hello Mint Linux lovers!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Samuel

Hello Mint Linux lovers!

Post by Samuel »

I can even begine to describe how mutch mint 14 nadia made me forget all about windows and ntfs partitions, been trying many distos and i have to say the last month or so that i have become a linux user, Nadia is on my top list! and on my main hardware! runing virtualbox to test othere distos before i decide to put them on a native hardware to take a better look of it. still have a lot to learn about linux but there is so mutch to read and watch out there that makes it easy and fun!

want to say a big thank you to all who made this hapen, very easy and fast to install, mutch faster than windows, very stable system. i remember wile on windows i used to listen to all sort of mechanical noises from my sound card wile pc was doing stuff, i could hear a constant noice like the sound of the pc everything i did from a minimise to runing a program or even moving my cursor, for years though winxp vista and 7, and it is gone for ever. awesome firewall from out of the box, maybe there could be an option for newcomers to have it enabled after the install on first boot and on. not to mention no need to add any utility software to make it consume less energy! awesome!

and for the first time in my life i am using more than one desktop, i find it very easy to use and very eficient. very beautifully made!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Hello Mint Linux lovers!

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day,
Welcome to the Mint Forum.
Enjoy!
:mrgreen:
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Welcome aboard!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

Hi Samuel - Welcome to the Mint family. I am a recent Windows convert and am thoroughly enjoying the desktop.
There is so much to learn and hope these links help you.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=790485 - Newbie links.
Below are links of custom search engines that help in searching Linux related topics. I find them to be very useful to solve linux related issues and sugegst to have them bookmarked..
http://home.windstream.net/joelwest/ - You can filter for 'Mint' to show only results from Mint forums.
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=01760 ... _owgx6xyi0
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

thank you all!

and thanks for the links, bookmarked!!! and gona take a lot asap!

love from greece!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”