How can I install Intel HD3000 graphics drivers?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Yazeed92

How can I install Intel HD3000 graphics drivers?

Post by Yazeed92 »

Hello
I have tried to install Intel HD3000 graphics drivers but could not get that to work, the reason I am doing it is because the fonts are blurry and fuzzy which makes my eyes hurt.
I have downloaded the .deb file from here: https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads

anyway I could not install them, it says there are some broken dependencies. I have tried apt-get install -f which it (the driver Installer) says in the error it gives me but that did not help.

Thanks
Y-

PS: I am using a 24 display through connected through VGA cable.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: How can I install Intel HD3000 graphics drivers?

Post by zerozero »

open a terminal and give us the output of

Code: Select all

inxi -SGx
Yazeed92

Post by Yazeed92 »

zerozero wrote:open a terminal and give us the output of

inxi -SGx
Thanks,
here is the output:

System: Host: yazeed-yazeed Kernel: 3.5.0-17-generic x86_64 (64 bit, gcc: 4.7.2) Desktop: N/A Distro: Linux Mint 14 Nadia
Graphics: Card: Intel 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller bus-ID: 00:02.0
X.Org: 1.13.0 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1920x1080@60.0hz
GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Sandybridge Desktop GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 9.0 Direct Rendering: Yes
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

do not use that app in your system (because you are using 64bit) see here (in the comments) the issues http://www.webupd8.org/2013/03/intel-re ... ivers.html

anyway, you have the correct drivers installed for your card

GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Sandybridge Desktop GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 9.0 Direct Rendering: Yes
do you have any issue that you can related to the graphics card?
Yazeed92

Post by Yazeed92 »

zerozero wrote:do not use that app in your system (because you are using 64bit) see here (in the comments) the issues http://www.webupd8.org/2013/03/intel-re ... ivers.html

anyway, you have the correct drivers installed for your card

do you have any issue that you can related to the graphics card?
Oops, I was hoping there is something wrong so by fixing I'd get rid of the fuzzy fonts.
as far as if I am having any issues yes, systems fonts are fuzzy/blurry not only in browsers but everywhere. what can I do?
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

PS: I am using a 24 display through connected through VGA cable.
yes, i missed this part, can you check with other monitor/connection? or the monitor settings? it's not the drivers, they are working properly.

Return to “Hardware Support”