New To Linux

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Sheba

New To Linux

Post by Sheba »

Hi! New geek online. :lol:

Anyway, I've been doing a lot of reading on Linux in general and Mint in particular. It all a bit daunting. And I find eventually getting around to partitioning to be frightening! :oops:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
anandrkris

Re: New To Linux

Post by anandrkris »

Hi Sheba - Welcome to the elite Mint club. :)
flyboy1565

Post by flyboy1565 »

Hello and welcome

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day,
Welcome to the Mint Forum.
Enjoy!
:mrgreen:
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Welcome aboard!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
Sheba

Post by Sheba »

I felt a little overwhelmed, so I stepped away from things Linux for a day. This morning I installed Mint on a flash drive and puttered around a bit. It's temporary until I can get another hard drive. I opened the infamous Terminal and tried a few commands. The world didn't come to an end. :P
ortrigger

Post by ortrigger »

Sheba wrote:I felt a little overwhelmed, so I stepped away from things Linux for a day. This morning I installed Mint on a flash drive and puttered around a bit. It's temporary until I can get another hard drive. I opened the infamous Terminal and tried a few commands. The world didn't come to an end. :P
Welcome to the world of Linux. Don't let the terminal scare you. It's not as difficult as people tend to think.
cecar

Post by cecar »

Mocking around in Terminal as a regular user is not so dangerous. Just go ahead, you cant destroy anything critical unless you "sudo" a command. :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”