Windows phone 7.5 Nokia 900

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
odaatom

Windows phone 7.5 Nokia 900

Post by odaatom »

Anyone using a Windows phone and have any tips for connectivity?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigj231

Re: Windows phone 7.5 Nokia 900

Post by bigj231 »

I'm not, but I am using an android phone running Ice Cream Sandwich, and it will not connect. It's trying to use MTP. If your phone is using MTP, you might just be SOL.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

For phones/tablets using MTP, especially Android devices, jmtpfs may be worth a shot (even for WP, possibly?). You'll need to download it from here: http://research.jacquette.com/jmtpfs-ex ... and-linux/. I've not used it, but looks like they don't have a package so you'll have to read the included documents to see how to install it. Note that MTP is what you want actually, as that allows you to transfer files without having to turn of your phone first :|

After installing, run the following to show a list of attached MTP devices:

Code: Select all

jmtpfs -l
To mount the first device (normally you'd only have one), you first need to create a directory in your own home directory where you'll mount the device (it needs to be a directory you can read/write, so not in /mnt or /media but in your home directory). Let's assume you create "mydevice". Then run the following to mount your device:

jmtpfs ~/mydevice
To unmount it run:

fusermount -u ~/mydevice
So yes, you need to do this from the command prompt. See Linux Format #165, page 106-107, which goes into more detail on how to write custom udev rules to automount your device so you don't need to run the above commands.
john990

Post by john990 »

Yea I like windows phone Nokia 900... :)

Return to “Networking”