View Windows partition

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iuliuscezar

View Windows partition

Post by iuliuscezar »

I have a small problem.I updated my packages through the Mint updater and now I can't seem to be able to view items in my windows partition (I have 2 of them,the first one with the OS,the second with various files). I seemed to be able to view them just fine a day ago but now I can only see 2 items:System Volume Information and Recycle bin.
The thing is,when I view the properties it seems to acknowledge that there are files on the partition. And Midnight Commander can view them just fine,so the problem lies with Nautilus.

Is there some test I can in order the determine the problem and solve it? As I said,I could view the contents a day ago.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
magump

Re: View Windows partition

Post by magump »

Open Package Manager and install ntfs-config. Once installed and running, it will recognize your ntfs drives and you will be able to select weather or not you can read/write to them. You can also select which drives to auto mount. Hope this helps.
rogerskibicki

Post by rogerskibicki »

magump wrote:Open Package Manager and install ntfs-config. Once installed and running, it will recognize your ntfs drives and you will be able to select weather or not you can read/write to them. You can also select which drives to auto mount. Hope this helps.
I had a similar issue using Nautilus. ...
i have a separate windows drive with 2 windows partitions
and i am only able to view the primary active windows os partition.
I am not duel booting and using Nautilus.

Installing ntfs-config solved the problem.
Cheers Thnx
iuliuscezar

Post by iuliuscezar »

Thank you for your replies but it seems that Linux was malfunctioning as after I restarted a few times natulis was able to display the contents without any issues.
Still,the topic might help others in need. :)
rogerskibicki

Post by rogerskibicki »

Thanks for all the replys,

I have needed ntfs-config everytime i update Mint or change my computer,
ntfs-config is so good it should have been included with the distribution.

some Auto-Mount information
Auto-mount ntfs partitions [SOLVED]
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Strange as never needed additional programs installed or issues after updates. Whether I using Mint 14 Cinnamon or KDE.
Nemo in Cinnamon always showed my internal Ntfs drives and external usb drives. Same for KDE dolphin file manager.

Might have to click on them to mount them. But where always there in devices tree seen by Mint.
rogerskibicki

Post by rogerskibicki »

Orbmiser wrote:Strange as never needed additional programs installed or issues after updates. Whether I using Mint 14 Cinnamon or KDE.
Nemo in Cinnamon always showed my internal Ntfs drives and external usb drives. Same for KDE dolphin file manager.

Might have to click on them to mount them. But where always there in devices tree seen by Mint.
Desktop links wont automatically mount drives and the links show as broken.
Its an easy tool to make any partition mount on boot.

Return to “MATE”