difficulty enabling multiple workspaces in MATE

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
badgerlinux

difficulty enabling multiple workspaces in MATE

Post by badgerlinux »

I've been using Mint 13 MATE and wanted to use the facilty to have more than one workspace on the go. I'd seen a demo where workspaces could be switched quickly. It was simple to work out how to do this in Mint 13 XFCE, but I had to really search around in MATE to find it. The only way I could work out how to do it was to add "workspace switcher" to the panel - but this takes up a lot of panel space on my 10.4" laptop screen! Is workspace switching in MATE hard to find for a reason (maybe it crashes with multiple workspaces or something?) or, am I being really dull? If not, could it be made easier in later releases of MATE please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mank_in

Re: difficulty enabling multiple workspaces in MATE

Post by mank_in »

Go to control center > keyboard shortcut
You will see in windows management :
switch to workspace 1 : disable
switch to workspace 2 : disable
switch to workspace 3 : disable
switch to workspace 4 : disable

click to enable it and press key you want to use

my setting is :
switch to workspace 1 : Ctrl+Alt+1
switch to workspace 2 : Ctrl+Alt+2
switch to workspace 3 : Ctrl+Alt+3
switch to workspace 4 : Ctrl+Alt+4
FoZFoRiC

Re: difficulty enabling multiple workspaces in MATE

Post by FoZFoRiC »

badgerlinux wrote:...to add "workspace switcher" to the panel - but this takes up a lot of panel space on my 10.4" laptop screen! ...
I dont know if you've found this since you posted but I just added the switcher and found that if you right-click on it and open preferences, changing it to display all workspaces in 2 rows makes it take up considerably less panel space. You get a 2x2 grid about the size of a single panel icon.

Return to “MATE”