What about my Cellphone

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TheObserver

What about my Cellphone

Post by TheObserver »

Now that I got Mint 14 I sadly need to see it's not easy to connect and access a mobile phone.
The internal memory and the SD card is not detected by linux, like it used to be in Windows.

I'm sorry if that is just something that needs to be configured and installed in linux by the user. But as a year-long win user I am just used to plug & play.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mattmorgan

Re: What about my Cellphone

Post by mattmorgan »

This is typically plug and play on Linux, too. What kind of phone do you have? How are you plugging it in?
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

If you want help, we could use some information such as what type/model/version of phone you are having problems with.

Also maybe wammu is what you are looking for; I believe it is in the repos.
TheObserver

Post by TheObserver »

Okay, I got a LG Optimus 4X HD P880
http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_4x_hd_p880-4563.php

Using the USB Data cable for transfering data.
viperman

Post by viperman »

I used the following guide.
http://www.webupd8.org/2013/01/upgrade- ... n.html?m=1
It works for me on a Nexus 4 (made by LG) and on a Xoom tablet. Hope it works for you.
TheObserver

Post by TheObserver »

It
has
worked!

Thank
you!

:mrgreen:

Return to “Beginner Questions”