Mint 10 LXDE won't pick up HDD or ext4 partition.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xxjdm

Mint 10 LXDE won't pick up HDD or ext4 partition.

Post by xxjdm »

I've been trying to install mint 10 LXDE (obviously, as the title says) but it won't pick up on my hdd or the partition that I have created for it.
I've been using http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/171 this guide and got to where I have to Install it (mint) and clicking "specify manually" but the installation won't pick up my hdd or the ext4 partition. I tried to do a "Linux Swap" partition as well, to no avail.

Gparted picks up on the HDD, and allows me to create any partition I want to use, but the linux installer won't pick it up. Just shows as blank, and won't even let me click "Specify Manually."

Any ideas? I'm at a loss. I usually never have this much issue with anything on my comuter, but I am a newbie to Linux, so that may be why....

Edit: Also, I can't seem to install any software...Is that because I'm running Linux without it being installed?

Edit 2: I've also noticed that my HDD says it's mounted to /cdrom, and that my new ext4 partition says it's unmounted, but I've no option to mount it to anything.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
adamir

Re: Mint 10 LXDE won't pick up HDD or ext4 partition.

Post by adamir »

You can’t install Mint 10 LXDE because this distribution is obsolete and required repositories are switched off.
xxjdm

Post by xxjdm »

Oh. Well that would have been nice to know before I downloaded it. Lol.

Ive tried to install 13 as well but I kept getting errors with that install and couldn't even get into mint, much less try to install it. Do you have any recommendations as to which version of mint I should install? Or should I skip mint altogether and go for something like ubuntu?
xxjdm

Post by xxjdm »

Anyone?

Return to “Software & Applications”