(Solved) Question about updates to Mint 13 KDE

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Viking64

(Solved) Question about updates to Mint 13 KDE

Post by Viking64 »

Linux Mint 13 KDe ships with KDE 4.8.x I believe.

My question is when you update Mint will it upgrade it to 4.9?

The reason I am asking is because I would like some of the upgrades to Mint 14, but I want an LTS (long term support) version of Mint.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Question about updates to Mint 13 KDE

Post by xenopeek »

You can upgrade to KDE SC 4.10 with the Kubuntu backports PPA. zerozero has the steps here, which have some precautions to make it less likely to not work as intended: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 12#p684113. As always when upgrading in place, take a backup of any important personal files first.
Viking64

Re: Question about updates to Mint 13 KDE

Post by Viking64 »

Thanks for the response. :D

Viking64

Return to “Beginner Questions”