[Solved] Live CD and LiveUSB don't boot under Mint 14

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Enna

[Solved] Live CD and LiveUSB don't boot under Mint 14

Post by Enna »

Hi,

I need to reinstall Mint 14 (which is also currently on my laptop) but the computer doesn't boot neither CD or USB, even after changing booting priority.
Is there a way to boot the Live CD or a Live USB from Mint 14 directly or what can I do?
Need urgent help!
Thank you!

Enna
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Live CD and LiveUSB don't boot under Mint 14

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Enna.

Are you sure you are trying to boot from CD or USB in the right way for the machine in question? Have you consulted the manufacturer's manual for this machine?
Or is the problem really that you burnt the ISO to the DVD as a data file instead of burning a disk image to it?
Same for the USB pendrive: Simply extracting the content of the Mint installation ISO file to the pendrive does not make it bootable.

If this machine can neither boot from CD nor from USB I wonder how you have ever managed to install Mint on the machine?

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
usbtux

Post by usbtux »

Hi Enna.

How did you get mint on the computer the first time?
Enna

Post by Enna »

Hi,

I did it all perfectly right, that's how I installed many other distros in the past onto my computer, without needing to change anything (e.g. didn't need to change boot priority in BIOS). Anyway, now, for some unknown reason, I had to change the BIOS. Under "Hard Drive" you can see the USB stick if plugged in and put it into the first place. From there I was able to boot the USB stick and all is perfect now.
Don't know why,but hope it'll help other's too.

Regards,
Enna

Return to “Installation & Boot”